If sludge and debris is not removed from heating systems, it can accumulate in radiators, pipework and heat exchangers, causing severe blockages. This diminishes the transfer of heat and can result in pipe, radiator valve and heating control servo valve damage. In some cases this will eventually lead to the premature failure of the boiler. Powerflushing is a popular method of cleaning and maintaining a central heating system. A powerflushing unit sends water at high velocity through the system to dislodge and remove debris, limescale, and sludge build-up. A thorough powerflush will improve heat distribution throughout the property, subsequently lowering household energy bills and increasing system reliability..
How to powerflush?
What you will need
- Powerflush unit, such as the Fernox Powerflow Flushing Machine MKIII
- Fernox TDS meter
- Fernox Powerflushing Cleaner F5
- A Fernox TF1 Flushing Adapter/ Powerflow Pump Head Adapter (if required)
- Powerflushing filter (optional)
- Fernox Protector F1/ Fernox Filter Fluid+ Protector/ Fernox Alphi-11
- Fernox Protector Test Kit (optional)
I would definitlyrecommend Moxi. he did a full boiler installation from a sysytem to a combi Valiant boiler.He also replaced all my radiators and did a flush of the pipes.